Statement on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Sun King has always been inspired by the diverse community it serves and is committed to ensuring that we are - and always remain - an anti-racist, unbiased, and anti-discriminatory organization working to further diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) among our employees, customers, partners, and communities. We are committed to being an ally to people of all ethnicities, genders, religions, sexual identities, ages, abilities, and socio-economic backgrounds.
We know that this is a long journey, and we’re committed to continually learning and improving along the way. We are beginning by:
- Listening intentionally to better understand the needs of ALL diverse people within the communities we serve.
- Engaging through our DEI committee, composed of Sun King employees, to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion among our employees, and communities.
- Improving our practices for recruiting, hiring, retaining, educating, and advancing employees from all communities.
- Continuing to financially support community partners who address racial, gender, LGBTQ+, and religious injustice and advance equity.
- Becoming a stronger ally to AAPI, BIPOC, Latino and LGBTQ+ community members.
- Working with the Brewer’s Association and the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) to better understand the lack of diversity within the craft beverage industry and to help advance change, leading by example.