Help Us Change the Lives of Our Youth!
Thanks to the support of individuals, foundations, and the community, Jameson Camp is expanding our year-round Youth Leadership program. In 2014, we are launching Youth Leadership Mentoring, a formal, one-on-one mentoring program.
Youth Leadership Mentoring will provide 1:1 mentoring, Leadership Development planning, and support on a year-round basis to our teen Youth Leaders. A national study indicates that youth involved in formal, high-quality relationships with adult mentors skip half as many days of school as their peers. They are also: 46% less likely to initiate drug use; 27% less likely to initiate alcohol use; 32% less likely to hit someone.
We are now recruiting mentors to be positive role models in the lives of our Youth Leaders, ages 13-18. Youth Leadership Mentoring uses adult volunteers to commit to supporting, guiding, and spending time with a Jameson Camp Youth Leader for a period of at least two years. The mentor will help empower the Youth Leader to make positive life choices that enable them to maximize their potential. Make a difference in the life of a child by volunteering just 2 hours every other week.
What does the role of a mentor look like?
- • As a mentor, you will take the lead in supporting a young person through an ongoing, one-on-one relationship and build the relationship by planning and participating in activities with mentee.
- • Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them with the Youth Leader’s Leadership Development Plan.
- • Make a two-year commitment and spend a minimum of 2 hours every two weeks with your mentee.
- • Personal fulfillment through contribution to the community and individuals and satisfaction in helping someone mature, progress, and achieve goals.
• For more information visit our website or contact Ali Danforth at firstname.lastname@example.org / (317) 241-2661.
Can’t be a mentor, but want to get involved with Jameson Camp? There are a variety of ways to contribute to our mission and youth programs.
- • Donate! Help support our programs with a gift. We welcome donations of any size, but please note a donation of $500 (monthly gift of $42) will sponsor one child from a low-income family to attend a week of residential summer camp.
- • Clean out your house or garage! Jameson Camp is in need of a variety of in-kind donations ranging from children’s books, sunscreen, ice melt, copier paper, gas cards, and more. Click here for a full list.
- • Volunteer! We have one-time volunteer projects available for groups and long-term volunteer opportunities available for individuals by serving on a committee, become a member of Unplugged (Jameson Camp Young Professionals), or become a member of our Women’s Auxiliary.
- • Rent our facilities for your own event! Outside groups have held wedding receptions, church retreats, birthday parties, conferences, staff retreats, and more. Revenue from rentals helps support our youth programs.