With warmer weather finally here, that means we find ourselves outdoors more. Whether you are at an Indy Indians baseball game, on a boat with
friends, or grilling out in your backyard for patio hangouts, cans of Fresh•Local•Beer go hand in hand!
Sun King challenges you to help out with the Sun King Save Your Tabs Collection Challenge benefitting Ronald McDonald House of Indiana . We ask that you, our beloved fans, friends, and family, to help collect aluminum tabs. The tabs you collect can be of any aluminum tab variation, from a can of Fresh•Local•Beer, energy drink, soda, or canned water! Unite your friends, family, and co-workers on collecting as many tabs as you can for the Ronald McDonald House of Indiana and you will receive various Sun King prizes as your reward.
What do you think of when you think of a can tab?
An can tab is not just a piece of aluminum that helps open up your delicious Fresh•Loca•Beer, to the Ronald McDonald House of Indiana, one of Sun King’s Community Partners, it is a valuable resource. For over 15 years the Ronald McDonald House of Indiana has been collecting aluminum tabs to recycle them and generate much-needed funds to cover operating costs and support all of the families served.
Who is the Ronald McDonald House of Indiana and what do they do?
Every year approximately 1,500 families stay at the Ronald McDonald House of Indiana while their children receive life-saving treatments at Indianapolis-area hospitals, primarily Riley Children’s Hospital.
The Ronald McDonald House focuses on those families with critically ill or injured child. The Ronald McDonald House is the only organization in Central
Indiana that provides low-cost, short-to-long-term lodging to these families. Funds received from the recycling of the tabs adds up to around $30-$50K annually. These funds go towards the operating expenses of the Ronald McDonald House of Indiana and can cover the cost of operating 3 rooms in the House for an entire year.
The Save Your Tabs Collection Challenge kicks off on Thursday, April 16th at the Indianapolis Indians baseball game and Craft Beer Night! The Ronald McDonald House of Indiana will be at the game sampling the latest Sun King brew, fun adult activities, and more! Join Sun King and various community partners throughout the summer for Craft Beer Nights at the Indians games. Learn more about these partners and help collect tabs. A $1 per pint at these games will go towards that Craft Beer Night featured community partner.
Craft Beer Night Schedule:
• April 16: Bitter Druid ESB, proceeds benefit Ronald McDonald House.
• May 14: Popcorn Pilsner, proceeds benefit Second Helpings.
• May 28: Barrel-Aged Specialty, proceeds benefit Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
• June 11: Specialty Sour, proceeds benefit Gleaners Food Bank.
• July 23: Barrel-Aged Specialty, proceeds benefit Teacher's Treasures.
• Aug. 13: Specialty Sour, proceeds benefit Little Red Door.
• Sept. 3: Oktoberfest, proceeds benefit Indy Humane Society.
So start collecting your tabs now! The Save Your Tabs Collection Challenge starts Thursday, April 16th and will run until Saturday, August 8th, 2015.
On Saturday, August 8th, we ask that you stop by Sun King Brewery to drop off your collected tabs. We will weigh your tabs and reward you with prizes, and then we’ll deliver the collective bounty of tabs to the Ronald McDonald House where it will go to help those in need!
Prizes are detailed below:
• 1 to 4.9 lbs: $5 Gift Card
• 5 to 9.9 lbs: $5 Gift Card and a SKB Pint Glass
• 10 to 19.9 lbs: $10 Gift Card
• 10 to 49.9 lbs: $10 Gift Card PLUS one entry in a drawing for a $75 SKB Gift Bag
• 50 to 99.9 lbs: $10 Gift Card, one entry for $75 SKB Gift Bag PLUS one entry in a drawing for a Private Brewery Tour/Tasting for up to 10 people
• 100+ lbs: $10 Gift Card, one entry for $75 SKB Gift Bag, one entry in a drawing for a Private Brewery Tour/Tasting for up to 10 people PLUS $25 Gift Card with access to the SKB Private Cellar (full of specialty cans not generally available).
If you want to feel even better about cracking open a can of Fresh•Local•Beer then please join in the fun and help Sun King and The Ronald McDonald House of Indiana help families in need.
For more information about the contest, please contact Heather Hall. If you would like more information about the Ronald McDonald House of Indiana, please