Here are some things that you should know about the Sun King 7th Anniversary Party and the Monumental Weekend in Indy!
Indy is gearing up to host more than 200,000 visitors and residents for another Monumental Weekend June 24-26. With the number of special events planned
and influx of people anticipated in Indy’s downtown, we encourage you to plan ahead, allow for extra travel time to and from work/the event, and allow
more time to find parking. Please be aware of the potential for street closures, limited parking availability, and increased travel times. For those
utilizing IndyGo, please be aware of route changes that go into effect June 26.
Here's a link to list of Monumental Weekend events:
Now back to things about SKB 7.
The Event Layout is Bigger!
Things that are new:
• Food Truck Food Court including tent for dining. Food Trucks include:
King David Dogs | Big Ron's Bistro | Scratchtruck | Pi Pizzeria| La Margarita Restaurant & Tequila Bar
• We are moving the stage into the front parking lot at the brewery. That means more of our friends can attend and more room for you to dance! (See
• You can buy Merch - Limited edition Grapefruit Jungle t-shirts, GFJ koozies, and other items will be available for purchase during the event.
• Carry-out Beer!! We will get to that later in this post.
• More Interactive Booths. WIN FREE stuff from our event partners:
WTTS | Klipsch | Yelp Indy | Brewers of Indiana Guild
• More Can and Draft Locations - means smaller lines and more Fresh•Local•Beer
• The first 100 people through the front gate will receive a FREE bag of Just Pop In popcorn!
• Lawn Chairs - We encourage you to bring lawn chairs or tailgate chairs. We have limited seating in the food court area.
• Water - Patrons are allowed to bring in one sealed 20oz bottle of water. We will have water for sale and the proceeds of water sales will go towards
the IPS Education Foundation.
• !Traffic! - Please make note of the following closures as you make your way to Sun King Brewery this Saturday:
I-65 & I-70 north split -
Milestone Contractors will close the southbound I-65 Exit 111 and westbound I-70 Exit 83A collector ramp to Michigan St., Ohio St. and Fletcher Ave.
on Thursday, June 23 at 9 p.m. until Friday, June 24 at 6 a.m. The collector ramp will close again on Friday at 9 p.m. for concrete patching that
will last through the weekend until Monday, June 27 at 6 a.m.
At the same times,
• one right lane of southbound I-65 will be closed approaching Exit 111,
• two left lanes of westbound I-70 will be closed approaching Exit 83A, and
• the Washington Street entrance ramp to southbound I-65 and westbound I-70 be closed.
Interstate lane and ramp closures should be expected in the I-65 & I-70 north split area for patching and paving during weekends for the next several
As we mentioned above, there's a lot going on in Indy on June 25th! We strongly advise that you utilize Lyft or UBER, IndyGo, however, if you have
a sober driver and they need to know where to park, here's a helpful map with suggest parking nearby. We also have plenty of event fencing for
you to lock your bikes to if you are planning on pedaling in.
CANvitational Tickets Go on Sale.
We are excited to announce that SKB 7 patrons will have access to an exclusive deal on our upcoming CANvitational on Saturday, September 10th on Georgia Street and Pan Am Plaza (Downtown Indy). 65+ of our friends in the craft beer industry that CAN will be
participating in the 2016 CANvitational. You will be able to purchase TWO general admission tickets for $60 (GA tickets day-of event are $60
Carry-Out 4-Packs of GFJ.
For the first time ever, ticket-holding patrons will have the opportunity to take home 4-packs of GFJ from the festival. Those who have bought tickets
to the event can purchase up to 2 cases of GFJ for carry-out! All carry-out beer must be taken to your vehicle and cannot be consumed in the
festival premise. Festival patrons who have purchased GFJ to take home,will receive one pass-out to put purchases in their vehicle.
One last thing!
The downtown brewery will be CLOSED on June 25th. We will have normal business hours on Sunday, June 26th, however, please make note that you will
not be able to purchase kegs on Sunday due to Indiana laws. So plan ahead! Lastly, we will not have community yoga at the brewery. It
will resume the following weekend back to normal.
We hope you will help us celebrate 7 years of Fresh•Local•Beer with The Turnpike Troubadours, Nikki Lane, and HONEYHONEY on Saturday, June 25th from 4-10pm.